Anyone who knows me or follows me on Instagram could tell you that I am a massive fan of cocktails. Well, I’m a big fan of drinking them, prior to a few weekends ago my experience in making them was a little limited and mostly involved cobbling things together in hope that they’d taste okay while at university. This all changed when I was invited along to the European Bartending School by Laura and Pippa to try our hand at flaring, free pouring and of course cocktail making.
While I managed the free pouring and mixing part pretty well, the flaring.. Well that is a different story all together and involves a few more bruises than I’d like to admit. Since I couldn’t get to grips with the art of flaring and how to throw and perform tricks with bottles, I thought I’d share one of my favourite recipes from the day that I’ve been showing off making at home instead;
What you’ll need;
- 37.5ml of Licor43
- 4 Lemon Slices
- Cubed Ice
- Pour the Licor43 into the glass and put in 3 of the lemon slices.
- Use a cocktail spoon (or if like me you don’t have one any long handled one will do) to muddle the lemon and Licor43 covering the top with a napkin to avoid any spillage.
- Fill to the top of the glass with cubed ice.
- Top with soda and stir, again using a napkin to stop spillage.
- Serve with a slice of lemon for garnish.
- Then finally, drink and enjoy!