What you’ll need;
- 300ml of double cream
- 70 g of caster sugar
- The juice of one lemon
What to do;
- Juice the lemon and put to the side ready to add later.
- Put the sugar and cream into a pan and bring to the boil slowly, make sure you stir through out.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, again insuring you stir during this time.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Pour into glasses (I personally use plastic shot glasses, but that’s just me!)
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours to set.
Confession time, I only came to the recipe looking through my mums recipe folder for something last minute the day before I released it was my turn at works “Christmas Bake Off” although I know this isn’t really baking.. I wanted something quick and easy** and I was impressed with the results so I thought I’d share it with you lovely lot in case you have any last minute dinner parties or treats to prepare too!
**Side note; I had at least a few people say when I mentioned I was making posset that it “sounded posh”, so for something this simple to make I was chuffed!