10 Things To Do In London This December || London
1. Enjoy the hustle and bustle at Winter Wonderland – Okay, so this actually opens towards the end of November rather than December but Hyde Park’s annual Winter Wonderland is a sure fire way to get into the festive spirit. It’s absolutely huge and you could easily spend all day wondering around, my personal highlights are the carousel bar and the Christmas tree maze. Although it’s free to enter, make sure you bring some cash for ride tokens and as a lot of the stalls and bars do not take card.
2. Skate at Somerset House – Up until the 10th of January, Somerset House’s courtyard is home to an ice rink which really does have something for everyone. During the day it’s a chance to look at the gorgeous architecture while if you’re me, trying not to fall over.. but after dark, their club nights play host to some of the worlds top DJs which is definitely something a little bit special!
3. Check out the Christmas decorations – Year after year the lights and decorations around the city never fail to amaze, from the giant reindeer and mistletoe in Covent Garden to the slightly more out there ones in Carnaby Street it’s a great excuse to take a little bit longer with your Christmas shopping.
4. Take the Christmas at Kew trail – Kew Gardens annual Christmas trail is a one mile long sparkling path so best enjoyed at night and booking is advised as last year many weekend dates sold out. Even if you don’t do the trail itself, Kew Gardens is gorgeous to explore and throughout the “Christmas at Kew” event will even have vintage fairground rides and lots of festive sparkle.
5. Listen to the carol singers in Trafalgar Square – Along with playing host to a 20m high Christmas tree from December 6th, between 4pm and 8pm on weekdays and 2pm and 6pm on weekends, Trafalgar square will also have carol singers performing. Perfect to get wrapped up, grab a mulled wine or hot chocolate and enjoy.
8. Watch Christmas movies with Pop Up Screens – Book tickets and head over to Notting Hill’s 20th Century Cinema to watch Christmas movies with popcorn, mulled wine, brownies and hot chocolate oh! & snow! The perfect way to drag the Grinch in your life to well, go and watch The Grinch..
9. Wonder around the South Bank Christmas Market – The South Bank always has something going on and this December is no different. There’s the Christmas market offering lots of different food, drink and homemade goodies, a Christmas tree maze and if that’s not your kinda thing Rekorderlig have a pop up cider lodge too!
10. Bring in the New Year with a bang – The firework display over the Thames seems to get bigger and better year on year. Having a party to bring in 2016 with thousands of other happy revellers? Bring. It. On.