I have a love hate relationship with Valentines Day. Part of me loves seeing all the cute gifts and things my friends have been spoiled with by their other half and the other part of me just gets annoyed that, as I mentioned here, it makes planning my birthday celebrations a real pain. In the end, I did it a weekend early and decided to spend Valentines taking some time for myself. So, here are 6 ideas for any of my fellow single ladies who fancy pampering themselves tonight;
- Do your nails. Refresh your nails and spend some time giving yourself a manicure. I always find I feel so much better with a fresh colour on my nails.
- Buy yourself some sweet treats. You don’t need a date to buy you chocolate or cupcakes, so why not just “treat yo’ self” to your favourite sweet treats. Personally I’m going to enjoy that I don’t have to share my box of Brioche Pasquier Macarons* tonight..
- Watch a chick flick or three. Because, unless your Eve Mendes, watching Crazy Stupid Love while snuggled under some blankets is the closest most of us are getting to a date with Ryan Gosling. Although if romantic comedies aren’t your thing just snuggle up and watch some of your favourite movies or tv.
- Wine & dine with a friend. While heading out to a restaurant on Valentines Day with a single friend might be some peoples idea of a nightmare why not split one of the Valentines “dine in” deals? The are normally fantastic value with 2 courses and a bottle of bubbly for between £10 and £20, so perfect for a girls night in and feels a little more extravagant than a take away. Make an evening of it and you’ll be wondering why people pick valentines other #galentines in no time!
- Make yourself your favourite dinner. If you haven’t got a friend who’s free to come round or if you’re just not feeling like being social, spoil yourself with your favourite dinner. Fancy steak and chips? Or pizza? Go for it, you deserve it!
- Have a luxurious bubble bath. How amazing is a nice long soak in the bath with candles, a glass of wine and lots of bubbles? Exactly, and although you don’t need an excuse, Valentines Day is certainly a great one!
What are you doing this Valentines Day?