I hate to admit it but I’m pretty darn nosey (part of the reason I enjoy reading peoples blogs, watching vlogs and can sit through hours of those tv shows were people make over houses I guess..) while I love watching and reading tutorials, some of my favourite vlogs and posts are of people sharing the contents of their handbags, makeup bags and cases ready to take on holiday. While I was sorting out my handbag a few days ago, I released that despite reading and watching a lot of “What’s In My Handbag” posts, I hadn’t actually done one of my own. So here minus the endless amounts of receipts that are in there already what’s currently in my handbag;
- House keys & work swipe card. I wouldn’t get far without them right?! I used to have a large white pom pom as a keyring, however it got to the point it was covered in makeup stains (I’m so ashamed of this!) so I swapped it for this little elephant I picked up at ZSL when I visited last summer.
- Oyster card. Although I sometimes find myself too lazy to top up and end up using my contactless card, this cute little holder from Headmasters has a mirror and room for my railcard and train tickets too.
- Purse, loyalty cards and gym entry card. Another set of things I wouldn’t get far without. My Ted Baker purse was a Christmas gift about 3 years ago and it’s still in pretty good condition considering its age.
- iPhone and Portable charger. You know how I said I’m hooked to my phone? I always keep a portable charger in my bag just incase. This Kit one stores two full charges so is ideal to take to events and days out.
- Notepad, diary and pen. With spending an hour each way commuting to work most of my ideas and inspiration hits me on the go so a notepad is really needed. Plus, I am a bit of a scatter brain so without my diary I’m a little lost.
- Hand sanitiser, deodorant*, wet wipes* and breath spray. Because of my commute, as a bit of a germaphobe I’m forever sanitising my hands (thank goodness for handcream!) and like to make sure, especially when I’ve got a meeting or an event, to freshen up after a journey too so it’s great to keep these minis in my bag.
- Umbrella. The British weather is a bit unpredictable, enough said..
On to the fun stuff! I keep this gorgeous Rock On Ruby* slogan makeup bag filled with bits to pamper on the go. I should be more embarrassed about my lipstick addiction and the fact there’s at least six in my bag at any given time, but a girl has got to be prepared for whatever occasion right?!
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Powder. A long lasting powder that is ideal size for my handbag and topping it before a meeting, event or just after work drinks.
- MAC Viva La Glam Lipstick in Miley Cyrus. I may not be Miley’s biggest fan but this is my favourite of the Viva La Glam range, although a bold choice it works really well with my usually pale complexion.
- Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Varnish in Slip Stream*. I like to keep whatever colour I’m currently wearing on my nails in my handbag just in case of any chips. Currently it’s this gorgeous purple by Barry M.
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Backstage Bambi. I reviewed this earlier in the year but this powerful pink is a great to have to hand.
- MAC Lipstick in Chatterbox. My first ever Mac lipstick and still one of my all time favourites to wear in the day.
- L’Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Kit. Although I normally go for powder contours, this glides on blends like a dream. So much so I’ve had to pick up one for my bag and at home.
- MAC Lipstick in All Fired Up. Every girl needs a good matte red to hand, surely..
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 086 Sugar Plum. Another pink, this time with a purple undertone. Typically one I use in the day at work.
- Fold out brush and mirror. While my thick hair could do with something a little more powerful, this is perfect for popping in my bag, it was £2.00 from Tiger so I can’t really complain.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in 136 Mélodieuse. Picked up one lunch time from Debenhams and hasn’t left my bag since, I feel special whenever I use this gorgeous coral.