While I’m probably not going to wake up looking like Kendall Jenner, I have been trying my best to eat a little healthier, drink enough water and get myself in better shape. While my diet is a lot better than it used to be, I still have the odd blip. I know we all have our junk food vices, be it the Chinese down the road, cheesy chips or chicken nuggets but mine is pizza. Although I’ve swapped my old Dominos or Pizza Hut thin and crispy for a Marks & Spencer’s stone baked one, it’s not normally something you could describe as a “healthy dinner“. So, after seeing various recipes for cauliflower and sweet potato pizza on Pintrest I tried to make my own. While I was busy trying out and tweeking the recipe a few times, I was contacted by Wren Kitchens about inputting to their Little Kitchen hub and thought my final super easy and kinda fun to make sweet potato pizza recipe would be a good fit.
What you’ll need;
- 2 or 3 medium sized sweet potatoes.
- 100g of almond flour.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- Jar of pizza sauce.
- Herbs & spices – your choice of, personally I used oregano, coriander and paprika.
- Toppings & cheese.
What to do;
- Fill a pan with water and bring it to the boil. While that’s heating, peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks.
- Pre heat the oven to 210 degrees.
- Boil the potato for around 10 minutes or until a knife goes through easily.
- Drain the potatoes and mash into a large bowl along with your flour, baking powder, salt and herbs. Side note; don’t do what I did first time making it and think “nahhh I don’t need all that flour..” The whole pizza fell apart. Still tasty though..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Knead the mix (it should look kind of like orange pizza dough) and put the mix on the tray. It should ideally be around 1cm thick.
- Bake the pizza base for around 20 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Top with the jar of pizza sauce and your choice of toppings and cheese and put back in the oven for another five to ten minutes (depending on how crispy you like your toppings)
- This should serve two.. Or one very hungry Fran.