Favourite Blog Posts In May || Friday Favourites
Earlier this week I came to a realisation. As I spend a lot of my commute reading and most of my evenings on Twitter and Bloglovin’, I have discovered some absolutely amazing blogs, many of whom I look forward to reading each and every new post they write. Despite usually liking, tweeting or commenting on posts, I don’t really do enough to share content I have really enjoyed reading. So, I thought I’d share with you ten of my favourite posts over the last month;
- My #BAFTAStyle with House of Fraser – Becky Bedbug. I get far too into watching award ceremonies, especially ones I feel personally invested such as those related to TV, film or music. It seems Becky is a girl after my own heart as she shows how she enjoyed watching the BAFTA’s and she looked like a movie star doing it!
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette Review With Swatches – Devoted To Pink. After falling in love with Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar palette from the moment I opened it, it’s safe to say their newest release, the peach scented beauty that is Sweet Peach has been topping my lush list. Leah shares swatches and a few looks she’s created with it and successfully cemented my need to pick this up next month.
- The End Of An Era – Scarlett London. In this heart felt post Scarlett talks about her time at university and the struggles she faced during it. It really struck a cord and reminded me that while you may not have ended up where you first expected it can lead to bigger, better and completely different things.
- A Spring bedroom spruce up! – Milk Bubble Tea. As per usual, Becky’s photography is absolute #Goals. She shows us how she’s perked up her bedroom for spring and made me want to have a huge bedroom clear out plus it features her sausage dog Ocsar enjoying her new bedding and he is quite possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.
- Easy SEO Tips for the Busy Blogger – Jasmin Charlotte. Every time I think I’m starting to understand SEO, something comes up that stumps me. Luckily for any other SEO newbies, Jasmin is an expert and has kindly shared some easy-peasy tips to boost your ranking.
- Pretzel M&M Cookies Recipe – Hay Sparkle. Although I love Hayley’s beauty posts, whenever she features baking on her blog it is pretty darn drool worthy. These cookies combine three of my favourite treats in one and definitely a recipe I’ll be trying at home soon.
- So Much Food! – Amber May. I might be a little bias with this as it’s all about our food related adventures a few weeks ago, but Amber’s chatty writing style and beautiful photos make her blog an absolute joy to read.
- The Art of Contouring: NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette – Pam Scalfi. My local Boots has just started stocking NYX and so far I’ve managed to be good and hold back from buying anything. However, since I hit the pan on my Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit, Pam’s review has made me add this to my payday shopping list.
- Movie Night At Home – Loved By Laura. Laura shared why spending time with your loved ones without the distraction of your smartphone is so important and reminded me to plan my own digital detox evening. Apart from having a really important message about help families stay in touch, her photos are as always, absolutely beautiful!
- My Favourite Snapchatters – Lady Writes. Lately, I’ve been trying to get into Snapchat a little more as I know it can be such a powerful tool to use alongside your blog. Chloe, who’s one of my favourite snappers, has shared a list of other expert snappers you should be following.