60 Blogging Cliches We’re All A Little Guilty Of || Blogging
A few weeks back I saw a Twitter chat all about blogging clichés and I found myself laughing in agreement of just how many I am guilty of. Expanding on this, I thought I’d make a list of things bloggers are known for doing. I originally intended this to be fairly short, but ended up with sixty points. Opps. This is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, so no offence intended!
60 Blogging Cliches We’re All A Little Guilty Of;
- You own the IKEA Alex draws.
- & / Or the Skurar tealight holder.
- Which you use to store your makeup brushes..
- Or you use old candle jars.
- Bonus point – they’re from Jo Malone.
- Talking of storing your stash, you own at least one lot of acrylic storage.
- Or a white basket that you fill with lipsticks.
- Your desk is also home to a iMac / Macbook pro.
- & a cinema style light box that currently is displaying your blog name.
- Or even a framed inspirational quote.
- You’ve got a mason jar that you really only bought for smoothie photos and because it looks great with a cocktail in.
- Or a set of super cute vintage style milk bottles.
- They look great next to your smoothie bowl.
- Or your avocado on toast.
- Perfecting your food flatlays makes you way more happy than it should..
- You’ve always got fresh flowers in your room.
- Bonus point – they’re peonies..
- You’ve bought things purely as photo props before.
- Mostly because they’ d look great on a flatlay.
- Which you’re always trying to perfect.
- With things like cute fairy lights.
- Or a few succulents.
- Or even a marble tray.
- If not a tray, you’ve got a whole marble surface you use for photos
- Bonus point – you made yourself using sticky back plastic.
- If marbles not your thing, you have a white well lit space you use for photos.
- Or you have a “blogging corner” or box where you store your props.
- The thought of going to a city with Sephora excites you.
- & you’ll always Instagram / Snapchat your haul.
- Because if you write about it you’ve totally justified the money you spent..
& Of course..
- You’re like a magpie for anything rose gold.
- & you can spot a MAC counter a mile off.
- If you’re beauty blogger you’ve reviewed at least one of their lipsticks.
- & own at least one Urban Decay Naked palette.
- You have a strong opinion of Instagram themes.
- & you’ve become shameless with hashtags. #Instagood!
- Spending ten minutes editing a photo is totally normal for you.
- “No wait don’t eat / drink that I haven’t took a photo!”
- You’ve ordered the most pretty sounding drink off the menu.
- Even if you’re not sure you’ll like it.
- Stranger danger? Nah, you’ve met loads of friends online.
- But explaining that first meet up to anyone is super awkward.
- You’re in the habit of referring to people by their URL.
- You’ve used your blog to justify buying something before.
- & waited until you’ve took photos to use a new product.
- You know (& care a little too much about) DA, SEO and PA.
- You get over excited over milestones.
- But worry saying it makes you sound braggy.
- “You have new — followers” emails make you happy.
- As does hearing from a brand you love.
- Like when they re-gram your photo.
- Or re-tweet you.
- You know the awkward “can you take my photo” feeling too well.
- Especially when you’re trying to do an outfit shot.
- & you wonder how some people make it look so effortless.
- Or manage to find a deserted yet gorgeous street to take them.
- You own or have considered buying the Olympus Pen.
- Sharing your day on Twitter is totally normal for you.
- Or on Snapchat
- But you wouldn’t dream of posting that many Facebook status’ or photos..
& finally, you found yourself going “that’s so me” to more of these than you’d like to admit..