Since it’s Friday, and the first since dry January is finally over. Well, I thought it would be the ideal time to share a delicious cocktail recipe I picked up when I visited K-West Hotel last week. If you’re not familiar with K-West, it’s a hotel and spa located a short walk from Shepherd’s Bush station. Although the purpose of the visit was to check out their gorgeous spa facilities, more on that in another post, beforehand we were treated to their afternoon tea and a cocktail making class. Here we learnt how to make this tangy grapefruit margarita. Which, I loved so much I just had to share with you lovely lot…
Grapefruit Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- 50ml or two shots – tequila.
- 25ml or one shot – Cointreau.
- 50ml or two shots – fresh grapefruit juice (my favourite to use is pink grapefruit!).
- 25ml or one shot – lemon juice.
- A few drops of vanilla extract.
- Salt, or if you prefer sugar, for the rim.
- Grapefruit segment for garnish.
- A margarita glass (or whatever cocktail glass you prefer!)
What to do;
- First things first, prep your glass. Run the grapefruit segment around the glass and dip in the salt (or sugar!) to rim the glass.
- Pour the tequila, Cointreau, grapefruit and lemon juice into the shaker and add a drop or two of vanilla extract. Fill to the top with ice and shake, shake, shake.
- Using the strainer (you don’t want any spare ice falling in!) pour into the glass you prepped earlier and place the grapefruit segment on the side to decorate.
- Enjoy not only your yummy cocktail, but how impressed your friends are that you just made something that professional looking *wink*.
Let me know in the comments if you try this out for yourself, and what if you do, what you think to it!