Mint choc-chip is quite possibly my favourite ice cream flavour. Ever since I was a kid it was the one I’d always choose from the ice cream van or if we got a cone by the beach. While I’ve stopped having ice cream in the house (because I can easily sink a tub of Ben & Jerry’s watching Netflix) I do still like to treat myself to a cone when it’s sunny. So on that note, I was flicking through the latest Slimming World magazine and spotted a page of mint chocolate inspired treats inspired by the latest special Muller Light flavour, After Dinner Mint. One of them was this super simple mint choc-chip and banana ice cream that I just had to try for myself. So I didn’t forget about it (and in case any of you lovely lot want to try it) I thought I’d share my results.
- 4 medium ripe bananas (peeled and sliced into 2cm chunks)
- 3 pots of Muller Light After Dinner Mint yoghurt**
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 level tablespoons of dark chocolate
**If After Dinner Mint is unavailable then use Smooth Toffee with 2 drops of peppermint extract and if you wish a little green food colouring.
How to make the Mint Choc-Chip & Banana Ice Cream
- Place the chopped bananas in a freezer proof container and freeze until firm (this should be able 3 – 4 hours.)
- Once they’ve been frozen, grab your food processor and pop the bananas in along with the all your other ingredients (minus your chocolate!) and whizz it until smooth.
- Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and fold through the mixture.
- Pop it in a freezer proof container, cover and freeze for at least 1 – 2 hours or until you’re ready to serve.
This should make 6 portions, and they work out at 4 syns (or around 80 calories) a portion.