“Even the largest avalanche is triggered by small things.” – Vernor Vinge
Like I mentioned on my last It’s The Little Things post, it’s one of my resolutions to get these up to date. So wow, look at me posting a little things post almost in the correct month! December was, as you could have guessed extremely busy both in and out of the office. What with finishing up work for the year, catching up with friends, a holiday and of course Christmas & New Years I don’t know how I’d expect it to be any other way!
So, on that note, here are twenty-five or so little (and not so little) things that made me smile in December;
“It’s The Little Things In Life”
- Like I mentioned in my “Things I’m Excited For This Christmas” post, opening my advent calendar.
- Going up to Derby to visit Becky.
- The RuPaul’s Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular.
- Family visiting for a catch-up and mulled wine.
- I bought a new loo roll holder. I got more excited about it than I should which probably means I’m a real adult now…
- A wonderful stay at the newly refurbished Holiday Inn M4 J4.
- Visiting the House of Minlama in Soho.
- Going for a drink at The Allis at the BBC Television Centre.
- Finishing my Christmas shopping. (Always a great but slightly nerve-wracking moment!)
- Dinner with some of the team from work at Little Kalkata.
- Watching Dumplin’ on Netflix. Such a great film and I’m so glad my friend Diana recommended it.
- Homemade mince pies.
- Festive beer’o’clock at work where I won a bottle of wine too!
- Catching up with Sophie and taking loads of photos.
- Finally going to try The Real Greek. I ate all the hummus and have no regrets.
- Like I mentioned in my **November 5 Happy Things**, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Starts Season 4 started. #TeamManilla
- Shopping in Westfield with Diana.
- The Apprentice final, even though it did come round super fast!
- Brunch with Katie, Sue and George which meant I finally got to meet Katie’s partner Johnny!
- Watching Jack Whitehall’s Travels With My Father on Netflix.
- Wine and Wagamama’s with Christina & Diana.
- Christmas, obviously! I mean, the traditional pub trip after opening gifts and of course the Christmas dinner, you can’t beat it!
- Flying out to Denmark to spend some quality time with family. (& doing lots of walking to the beach!)
- Having a fake New Year in Denmark before flying home.
- & then, of course, celebrating bringing in the New Year in our new home. Namely by having prosecco and Chinese food in the garden watching fireworks…