“They say good things come to those who wait, so I’m going to be about an hour late…”
And with that, I don’t think I’ve started an “It’s The Little Things” post with a more accurate and quote. Well, I hope there are good things coming in terms of content anyway. (I’ve certainly got big plans!) But before I try to run before I walk and make big promises of getting back to twice-weekly posts, let’s work on getting caught up with this series huh? So on that note, it’s time to have a look back on some happy memories from June…
“It’s The Little Things In Life”
- My good friend Cheryl’s makeup brand Shadow Moon Cosmetics launched and I, obviously, treated myself to some goodies.
- Making banana bread, it’s one of my favourite easy to make treats.
- This year’s series of Love Island starting, I’m not ashamed to admit it’s my guilty pleasure…
- Finally getting some good use out of my studio lighting that my sister from another mister Becky bought me! (I’ve tagged a similar one here – it’s amazing what difference it makes!)
- Laura and I living our best Breaking Bad inspired life at ABQ’s newest launch party. (More on that to come soon!)
- & while we were there trying the best vegan pizza I’ve ever had from Saint Pizzeria!
- Trying a new foundation from Mac. I’m normally a Studio Sculpt kinda gal but gave Studio Fix a shot.
- & while I was there picked up two half-price Retro Matte liquid lipsticks in the “sample sale”. Bargain!
- Finding Rubicon Sparkling Mango in Lidl, it always reminds me of being back at university!
- Picking up the cutest geometric glasses from Poundland of all places. Bargain!
- Rolled ice cream from Pan n Ice. (I had raspberry & white chocolate and it was lush!)
- That short week where I really enjoyed playing Harry Potter Wizards Unite…
- A cheeky Nando’s on a Sunday, because why not?!
- Living my best 90’s life rocking the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Blue Blood palette I bought back in March.
- Oh, and talking of Jeffree Star Cosmetics, I also got my hands on the Jawbreaker palette. It’s stunning!
- Enjoying the last of the sunshine after work with a grapefruit gin and tonic in the garden.
- Long soaks in a cool bath when it’s hot outside.
- Sorting out last minute bits for the summer party and eating a burrito bowl with Vrinda.
- And, on that note, the summer party itself. (Even if I did end up leaving early due to an ear infection…)
- After adding it and removing it from my Amazon basket a million times, I finally bought “What Would The Spice Girls Do?” and I’m so glad I did!
- A lovely walk along the Thames, one of my favourite ways to spend a Saturday, to be honest.
- Soya iced lattes. Enough said…
- Buying a pasta maker to reattempt some of the things I learnt at the John Lewis Batch Cooking Masterclass that I attended at the beginning of last year.
- The local parrots have seemed to have taken a liking to our garden and they’re adorable.
- A lovely weekend with the entire house to myself which involved watching lots of Netflix and ordering in pizza!