“It’s the little things that make a big difference” – Unknown
It’s that time again, for me to go through my camera roll and diary, dictaphone in hand, ready to get myself back up to date with the It’s The Little Things. The aim is to, by the end of the year (or at the latest, by the time my wrist is fully recovered!) finally have cleared this backlog of posts to start 2020 with a clean slate. What’s wrong with my wrist and why I needed to use a dictaphone? Well, that’s a story for another post…
For now, let’s take a look back at July this year. It was a particularly busy one (I blame the good weather making people more social!). So here are 25 or so little things that made me smile in July;
“It’s The Little Things In Life”
- Buying myself the materials to take a Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner course. (Because in 2020 I really need a career change!)
- A trip to my favourite Chinese, Tian Fu.
- Drinks in the garden at the gorgeous The Charterhouse for the launch of Thomas Tipple.
- Quorn veggie sausages, I forgot how good they were!
- Sunny evenings and being able to walk home from work. (Normally while listening to a podcast or two. It’s so good for clearing your head.)
- Pride in London with George and Jon!
- Vrinda’s leaving drinks at Flight Club in Victoria. Playing social darts there is an absolute blast, plus it’s got a gorgeous circus-themed interior.
- Salted Caramel Magnums. They are almost as good as their Double Raspberry version…
- Buying myself a Kim Woodburn “Don’t Start With Me” mug for work, because, well, mood.
- & when it was delivered it came with a free signed photograph!
- The really really good weather. Especially missed as I write this up snuggling in a blanket…
- Watching Moulin Rouge at Rooftop Film Club with Sophie.
- A cheeky pint in The Allis with mum on a Saturday. (I’ve discovered I actually do enjoy lager. Who’d have thought?!)
- Buying a Meal Kit from Marks & Spencers to make myself Crispy Pan-Fried Tofu with a Coconut Lentil Dhal. It’s since become a favourite to meal prep!
- A lovely day out in Covent Garden with Laura, Pippa and Mary-Ann.
- Twisted Strawberry Diet Coke. (It’s no Citrus Coke but it’s pretty darn good!)
- A lovely games night with the family.
- That time I got a free can of white wine spritzer at the train station. Whoever was giving those samples out made my Friday!
- For once, making an Amazon “Prime Day” purchase, namely a 4k Fire Stick as it was half price. (& since then I use it almost daily!)
- Discovering my local shop sells Fanta lemon by the can. It just tastes of summer!
- My brother and his family coming to London for a few days. They stay in Denmark so it’s not often we get to hang out.
- And, while they were here, we went on a trip to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour. (Something that’s been on my bucket list for a while!)
- Meeting some new friends, who’ve in the coming month become super important to me!
- A gorgeous set of Vitamin C skincare goodies from Pixi!
- Discovering a really cute local rooftop cafe, I need to check if it’s a permanent feature. If so, expect a review soon…